Saturday, December 6, 2014

RECOMMENDATION OF AUTHOR'S FOR GOOD READING!!!!

     I am going to start giving reviews on authors and their writings or books they produce. I will start with of course one of my favorite authors:

1.) Stephen King: One of my all time favorites. However, not all of his books I found interesting in the genre I expect from King. Cujo being one of the disappointments. If you haven't read it (Of course as with most of King's books, they made a movie of Cujo as well), I would advise you to steer well clear of it, unless you are excited about spending hours of reading about a rabid dog terrorizing a mother and child in a Ford Pinto. I find very little to complain about King's books and short stories. If I had one item I would recommend King to do is to stop being long winded as he is when writing his books. I skip through a lot of information that really is what I consider non-value added to the theme of the book. Other than that, his books are the type of read that is hard to put down.
Rating:   5 Star of 5

2.) Karina Halle. Karina Halle writes a novel series that are right up the alley for those who like terror, ghosts, demons, and an evening curled up on the sofa listening to the strange sounds while you read one of the Experiment in Terror Series, reading along as Perry Palomino and Dex Foray create the best Ghost Hunting program on the internet, deal with all the things that do go bump in the night and fight hard not to allow a relationship to grow. The books are so good, you'll carry them to work or wherever you go so you can keep reading (Nooks and Kindles are the best way to bring the books with you). Karina Halle has the knack of knowing what drives our fears and twists our lives to become entwined in Perry and Dex's adventures. I highly recommend The Experiment in Terror Series for anyone (16 and older). Enjoy!!
Rating: 5 stars of 5

3.) Jim Butcher: Jim writes the very best novel series called The Dresden Files (also at one time a television series). Dreseden is one the biggest bad assed Wizards and deals with some of the wildest, scariest humans, ghosts, demons witches...well you get the idea. I've read the entire series and love them all. The will forever be stored on my Barnes and Noble account and my Nook. I recommend Dresden Files to anyone 14 or older.
Rating: 5 stars of 5.

4.) JD Nixon: JD Nixon is an Australian author who has two series running simultaneously: The Heller Series and The Little Town Series. Both are very entertainig, with characters that you become easily drawn to and involved in the lives and personalities. I highly recommend both series for a deffinate 16 year old plus crowd. Once you start reading both series, your hooked!
Rating: 4.5 stars of 5.

Terry W. Manning is an author (Wars End, Stryker's Move, and Fallon's land) as well as a Blogger. My website is under construction and I will let you know when it is complete. I will continue to give honest reviews of other authors as we go, so climb aboard for the ride and enjoy!!

No comments: