Monday, March 9, 2015

I'M BACK FROM VACATION!! THE FIRST THING I HAVE TO SAY IS: BAN HELMET LAWS FOR ANYONE OVER 21!!!

     Thanks to everyone who followed and read my Blogs while I was in Florida! You are much appreciated! My family and I went to to Bradenton, Florida and spent a few days there, hitting the pool and the ocean on Cortez Island (White sands, clear water and 80 degrees...and sunburn!!) We then went to Daytona just to experience Bike Week 2015 and walk the beaches (a little chilly in Daytona!). All in all, a great time!

     One thing I like about Florida, Illinois, Kentucky and the other states who follow this law, which I hope Tennessee wise up and passes it: No Helmet Law. To wear or not wear a helmet is and should always be at the discretion of the rider (21 and older). The only time I wore one was when traveling on the Interstate. Too many rocks and junk kicked up by trucks that hurt! Of course if I were riding in the rain, I would use a face shield. Other than that, it was wind blowing through my hair (or what's left of it!). Too many personal freedoms have disappeared. After World War 2, returning Vets wanted something new ( And I feel fully confident, it was their way of dealing with some PTSD issues), the feel of freedom and the feeling of power and in control for once in years of fighting a terrible war and the atrocities they saw and dealt with. Vietnam Vets are the same. The open road and the feeling of raw freedom! There is nothing like it!

     Before those of you who are also the ones that are for ripping away our freedoms jump up and say I have no right to go without a helmet, I'll go ahead and tell you, "Shut the hell up and leave the rest of us alone!" I'm a purist when it comes to riding motorcycles. Even purists decide when safety comes first. Leave us alone, repeal all helmet laws for those over 21 and buy you a HD Fatboy and hit the road. You'll never go back to stealing freedoms!

No comments: